At one point in our lives, we’ve known someone who has been affected by cancer. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and WiLD wants to be there to support those whose lives have been touched by this uninvited visitor.
Get your PiNK Tees
The whole month of October WiLD 94.1 has gone PiNK. We are proud supporters of Breast Cancer Awareness month! Purchase the PiNK 94.1 tank or t-shirt for only $25 and you will be a supporter too. Proceeds will go to benefit Moffitt Cancer Research locally. We even have the Fellow’s covered! Listen all month long to catch other ways PiNK 94.1 is supporting and ways YOU can help! To Purchase Your Tee, Click HERE.
Oct. 17th @ 5:30 pm- Key to the Cure at Saks Fifth Avenue
Oct. 19th @ 5:00 pm- NYLA Blow Dry Boot Camp
Oct. 26th @ 7:30 pm – Tampa Bay Rain at Florida State Fairgrounds
Oct. 27th @ 9:30 am – Lowriders For Tatas
This is for the Mothers, Grandmothers, Aunts, Sisters, Daughters and Friends we have lost and those who are currently going through it. This is for the daughters who have lost their mothers and will not be able to share special moments in their lives with them.
Breast Cancer is not something that can be overlooked, there are ways to catch it in time to get the necessary treatment. At least one in eight women will be diagnosed with this disease.
•Make sure to do a self check and get a yearly check-up with your doctor.
• Avoid becoming overweight. Obesity can raise the risk of breast cancer after menopause, this is when breast cancer most often occurs.
• Eat healthy to avoid weight gain. Eat a diet high in vegetables and fruit and low in sugared drinks, refined carbohydrates and fatty foods. Eat lean protein such as fish or chicken breast and limit red meat intake.
• Be physically active. Research finds that increased physical activity reduces overall breast-cancer risk by about 10 percent to 30 percent.
• Drink little or no alcohol. Alcohol use can increase the risk of breast cancer.
• Avoid hormone replacement therapy. Menopausal hormone therapy increases risk for breast cancer. If you have to take hormones to manage menopausal symptoms, avoid those that contain progesterone and limit their use to less than three years.
• Consider taking an estrogen-blocking drug. Women with a family history of breast cancer or who are over age 60 should talk to their doctor about the pros and cons of estrogen-blocking drugs such as tamoxifen and raloxifene.
• Don’t smoke. Long-term smoking can increase your risk of breast cancer.
• Breast-feed your babies for as long as possible. Women who breast-feed their babies for at least a year in total have a reduced risk of developing breast cancer later.
A new bra has been created that can detect Breast Cancer and has a 90% percent accuracy rating in women of all ages. For more details, click here.
Contact WiLD 94.1
Text Us: 38909
Meet our WiLD Personalities
Max 4 msgs/wk. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to 38909 to cancel.
- Pet-A-Palooza 05.18.13 Samoa Joe Teaches Us To... Saturday Night Bomb at Club... WiLD Cinco de Mayo
- Cinco de Mayo 2013 Rihanna's Diamond World Tour... The Kennedy April 15, 2013 Hyde Park Cafe April 23, 2013
- Hyde Park Cafe Weekend Replay... Lingerie Party at The Kennedy... Hyde Park Cafe April 30, 2013 The Kennedy April 29, 2013
- WiLD's Throwback Prom King... WiLD 94.1 Throwback Prom 2013... Mike Tyson at Ruth Eckerd... Promoting Checkers at U.S.F....
- Listen to The Current’s May 18-19 show: Safe Boating Week, Paddle Against Cancer, Asthma in Tampa Bay, Sykes Our Heroes
- Police: Man Breaks Into House To Grab Beer While Running From Cops
- Last Of FAMU Suspects In Court
- Nearly 20 Feet Long, Massive Python Caught In Miami-Dade
- 18-Year-Old Faces Charges For Lesbian Relationship With 15-Year-Old Classmate
WiLD941.com Most Clicked
- Home Section
- Orlando & The Freakshow
- Eva Longoria Wardrobe Malfunction [PICTURES]
- Dwyane Wade Surprises Florida Teen At Her Prom [Video]
- Nicki Minaj's Double Nip Slip [PIC]
- Miguel Lands On Woman's Head During Billboard Performance [VIDEO]
- Check Octomom's Porn [Video]
- Lifeguard Wrestles Shark At Cocoa Beach [VIDEO]
- "Teen Mom" Farrah Abraham Naked [Photos]
- $100 Neiman Marcus Gift Card - 6 hours and 1 minutes
- Invicta Men's Chronograph Ion-Plated Stainless Steel Watch - 2 days and 6 hours and 1 minutes
- MARC BY MARC JACOBS Mini Links Line Bracelet - 5 days and 6 hours and 1 minutes
- Saeco Aroma Espresso Machine - 7 days and 6 hours and 1 minutes
- Toshiba Satellite Ultrabook 14.4-Inch Laptop with 6GB Memory & 500GB Hard Drive - 9 days and 6 hours and 1 minutes
- $150 Fast Cash - 12 days and 6 hours and 1 minutes